top of page

Gear & Accessories

Public·85 members
Owen Nelson
Owen Nelson

Where Can You Buy A Jitterbug Cell Phone Free

Jitterbug (under the Lively umbrella) has a real corner on the market when it comes to making both cell phones for seniors. Their phones feature big buttons and big icons that make cell phone use more accessible for an aging population.

where can you buy a jitterbug cell phone

I took the Jitterbug Flip2 for a spin and found the technology robust enough to keep me connected to my loved ones and emergency services if needed. Lively's monthly service plans were affordable, the Flip2 was easy to set up, and customer service was friendly and helpful. One drawback to the Jitterbug Flip2 was that I couldn't access the internet on it, but that won't be a problem if going online via cell phone isn't your cup of tea. Below, I'll share more personal insights on the Jitterbug Flip2 and how it stacks up to similar phones.

The Buying Experience with Lively You can purchase Jitterbug Flip2 online, in-store, or over the phone. I appreciate that Lively offers several purchasing options because, let's face it, sometimes you just want to speak with a human! Especially when buying a valuable item like a cell phone. If you want to get your Jitterbug Flip2 at a brick-and-mortar store, Best Buy, Rite Aid, and Walgreens all carry the senior-friendly phone. Lively even has a section on its website where you can enter your ZIP code, and it'll show you where the closest store is. Talk about convenience!

I read the fine print and learned that if anything were to go wrong with my Jitterbug Flip2, I was covered by a one-year limited warranty. If the Jitterbug Flip2 stops working because of a manufacturing defect, Lively will repair it for free. Keep in mind that this doesn't cover lost phones or damage from an accident. One year may seem short, but this warranty is pretty standard across the cell phone industry.

Lively's Value Talk & Text plan costs $14.99 per month plus 10 cents per text message. You also need to pay a one-time $35 activation fee when you purchase the Jitterbug Flip2 and begin service. Unlike other cellular providers, Lively doesn't offer AARP or other discounts on phone plans. However, Lively does offer an AARP discount for their Health & Safety Packages if you decide to add one to your phone plan. More on those later!

Overall, I found the Jitterbug Flip2 to be an easy-to-use phone. It is simple, but the features it does have, like Amazon Alexa, make it stand out among flip phones. It's worth the $100 price tag. I would highly recommend it for older adults with vision or hearing loss; they'll benefit from the Jitterbug Flip2's features that make navigating a cell phone easier. Plus, the Lively Unlimited Talk & Text plan is easy on the wallet at $19.99 per month. Since you won't be bound up in a long-term contract with Lively, I think it's worth trying out.

Since 2018, the company has been a subsidiary of electronics retailer Best Buy.[1] Lively offers health and safety products and services for older adults,[2] including mobile devices, cellular service, mobile apps and a wearable device. The company provides US-wide cellular service as a mobile virtual network operator (MVNO) through the Verizon Wireless network. The Lively Smart phone requires a data plan at an additional fee and those data services begin with a nominal fee and increases with options.

The company operates the Lively phone service, an MVNO, or mobile virtual network operator, where it rents cellular service from other operators, and primarily caters to seniors with old-fashioned phones and medical alert devices.[16]

Curious if you found out if your mother's Jitterbug phone will work with AT&T? I had no choice but to switch my mom to a smartphone, and even getting the easiest to use available on their network, she still has a hard time with it a year later. I would prefer to be able to purchase an unlocked jitterbug phone and move it to the AT&T network instead of switching networks.

I purchased a Jitterbug smart 2 phone and the AT&T tech help was helpLESS as well as the Jitterbug tech. Really disappointed that they were clueless. Can not believe that AT&T at least provide their techs with info regarding the jitterbug phones. By the way I entered the IMEI number and it said the phone was compatible with AT&T. So misinformation there. We spent 2 plus hours trying to make it work. Got text messages but then they would disappear and the phone hang up during set up then would finally give an error code 5. Which was not determined what that meant. Initial chat support was very helpful tho, and agreed that the phone was compatible according the IMEI number, but could not get the phone to respond remotely. Directed us to "advanced tech department" with was VERY DISAPPOINTING. I am sure there are a lot of older folks out there who have tried as I have and it would seem that the techs should have some information as to whether the phone will work or not.

Jitterbug J cell phone Features: This super-simple phone for seniors doesn't require a yearly contract -- just pay for minutes monthly. Easy-to-press big buttons. Has text messaging and Bluetooth capabilities. Phone contacts and settings (such as ringtones) can be changed on the phone or via the Web site MyJitterbug.com. It can also be done remotely for the user anytime by dialing "0" to reach live U.S.-based customer service. Roadside assistance and live nurse calling features available for an extra monthly fee. Calendar feature coming later this year. googletag.cmd.push(function() googletag.display('div-gpt-ad-1449240174198-2'); ); Price: $147 for the phone. Plans start at $14.99 a month.

(c) 2009, The Miami Herald.Visit The Miami Herald Web edition on the World Wide Web at www.herald.com/Distributed by McClatchy-Tribune Information Services. Citation:Tech review: Jitterbug J cell phone (2009, July 1)retrieved 1 April 2023from -07-tech-jitterbug-cell.html This document is subject to copyright. Apart from any fair dealing for the purpose of private study or research, no part may be reproduced without the written permission. The content is provided for information purposes only. Explore further

The Jitterbug Flip also has an emergency help button seniors can use if they are in trouble. The 5Star emergency service uses GPS to locate the user. The emergency button itself feels a bit different from the other buttons, so you can find it with just touch alone. This 5Star emergency service requires an additional monthly fee. Jitterbug also has a Voice Dial feature where you can call a contact by speaking their name into the phone.

People who depend on their Lively phone in case of an emergency are told to use another phone. That is an inadequate and unacceptable retort for apparent incompetence. I have had a Jitterbug phone for several years. I found the original company offered great service. Then Great Call took over that became Lively and the service has gone from great to despicable. Forget about calling their customer service to wait and wait to finally be connected to someone who can only read you their prepared word salad non-responsive text. While traveling across country this past fall on I-40 I encountered three occasions where I had no service. The Bluetooth won't connect in my car. Perhaps they should change their name from Lively to Deadly. The customers deserve better. Time for a new phone.

Updated on 08/21/2022: I wrote a review on the Lively Jitterbug cell phone. After I left my contact info and account number with the company my phone became WORSE. It now freezes up and won't let me text or call all the time. The light that shows I have an incoming call or text stays on continuously and won't let me erase old ones or voicemails at all now. I can't open the back to remove battery without getting a tool to help. When I shut the phone, it starts ringing and sometimes the ring silences itself. This is the WORST cell phone I have ever owned and will be going to another company. Also, my monthly bill keeps getting higher each month and there is a high activation charge when you first use it that they don't tell you about. ($35.00)

Original Review: My partner and I both purchased the Jitterbug flip phone for seniors. It is the WORST experience we both have had with cell phones EVER. Phone screen freezes up all the time and can't make calls or texts. Bad for emergencies and nerve wracking. Customer service real bad and cost MORE than they say it is.

Rep lied about service and price, kept me on the phone for almost an hour giving me his (unwanted) life history and personal story. Told him we wanted only the cell phone service, definitely no texting, etc., was promised that's what we'd get for $14.95 per month for everything x2 phones. Being billed almost $50 after they put on all their unexplained charges and are charging us $.10 per unsolicited scam texts. We gave our numbers to no one else and their records prove we use the phones very little, only turned on when both not at home, once or twice a week at most.

I'm too sick to even leave the house except by ambulance and my husband is afraid to not have cell phones so he can get hold of me when he has to go shopping, etc. If anybody can tell me about an actually good and honest affordable cell phone provider, please let me know. Two months has been too long with these cheats.

The Moto G Power offers an excellent battery life (up to 72 hours from one full charge), which can be helpful in the case of a grandparent or elderly loved one who forgets to charge their phone on a regular basis.

In Settings, there is an Accessibility menu, so seniors can customize their cell phone experience by turning on the screen reading feature, so they can hear the content on a page, or adding AdaptiveTouch for an easier time touching the screen or using an adaptive accessory with your phone.

In "Settings", there is an Accessibility menu, so seniors can customize their cell phone experience by turning on the screen reading feature, so they can hear the content on a page, or, adding AdaptiveTouch for an easier time touching the screen or using an adaptive accessory with your phone. 041b061a72

About

Welcome to the group! You can connect with other members, ge...

Members

bottom of page